Friday, May 15, 2009

THE EGGS HAVE HATCHED!!





So I checked on the nest today to find 10 out of the 12 eggs have hatched! The mom wasn't there so I quickly snapped some shots with the girls holding them (which of course I later learned it was a big NO NO!) I immediately called Addie's preschool teacher cuz coincidentally these last 2 weeks they have been learning about mommy animals and their babies. So she came over and was worried about them sneaking out under the fence so we put them in one of my storage bins next to the nest. By this time I was thinking the mom was gone for good and what in the world was I going to do with 10 baby ducks! So about 30 minutes later I hear the mom duck come back of course going crazy. I was worried she was going to reject them now that we've touched them. So I dumped them out of the bin and just waited to see what would happen. It took her a couple of hours, but I just checked on them and now she's sitting on them. Now I need to get a pool! And of course all I'm hearing is "Can we keep one?"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Aubree Age 9

Aubree Age 9
Aubree loves catching bugs,making crafts, and playing soocer

Addison Age 6

Addison Age 6
Addie loves playing with friends, doing schoolwork, and changing her clothes 10x a day

AUSTIN age 4

AUSTIN age 4
Austin loves cars, planes, and Spiderman








Blog Archive


Followers