Thursday, January 3, 2008

Tagged

I've been tagged 3 times and have never done it (because I think I am boring and nobody cares)

* I don't want to be 28 because I feel I haven't done anything with my life except being a mom and yes I feel I am "just a mom", but yet I sit and do nothing about it. So pray its January 3rd FOREVER!!!!

* I love to shop. I don't like to stick to a budget. If Dave gives me a shopping budget I will always go over. If I want it I will buy it no matter what the cost. I love Gymboree ( I am waiting for my recent splurge as we speak. So is Addie. She keeps on looking out the window asking "Is it here yet?) That doesn't help the Gymboree obsession when my 3 year old loves clothes. I have always had an obsession with baby clothes. Even in high school I would go into Baby Gap and look at the baby clothes...maybe I shouldn't have said that out loud! ( Another quirk is I HATE it when the things I want at Gymboree are sold out. So on the day a sale starts I have butterfly's in my stomach, my hands are shaking as I"m typing in what I want, and I get up at 3am to make sure I get it before it sells out. I have also been known to call every Gymboree store to find a certain dress, put it on hold, and driven an hour to get it!)...maybe I shouldn't have said that one out loud either!

* I love to make lists. I have a list for everything. I only buy things that are on my lists (that way if I spent too much I tell Dave "But it was on my list!" Somehow that makes me feel better.

* I love to decorate my house. I love Tai Pan, Z Gallery, and Ikea. Dave walked in the bedroom the other day and saw me sitting on the bed staring at the wall. At least to him I was staring at the wall, but to me I was thinking about how I should decorate the wall.

*I love Pottery Barn. I have a binder thats filled with ripped out pages of Pottery Barn ideas whether its something I want to buy or a decorating idea.

* I love to organize my house and want all of my closets organized with baskets and bins. (I didn't always used to be this way. In high school you couldn't see my bedroom floor but I knew where everything was!)

* I love to cook. I am always watching food network and trying a new recipe at least once a week. So now my new favorite store is Sur La Table at the Gateway. (Did I mention I love to shop?) This is also a new one. Growing up I would always get teased that I was going to kill my husband. This was something that my dad actually warned David about before we got married. So I taught myself how to cook by watching cooking shows and I think it has paid off: David is still alive! And Aubree always says that I'm a great chef. Maybe I'm watching Food Network a little too much!

* I have to be on time. I have to have a routine ( I love FlyLady!) I will be a frantic crazy lady in the morning trying to hurry everyone to get ready screaming "Hurry we are going to be late!!!" Then we sit at church for about 15 minutes waiting for it to start. This is Daves pet peeve about me. If he notices in the car what time it really is he will drive around the neighborhood until its actually time for church to start (which of course makes me want to ring his neck!)

* I try to save money on groceries so I have more money to shop. (who doesn't do that?) I love Costco and I love buying in bulk. I love to get a good bargain. I have gone 6 weeks without going to the grocery store.

* I HATE football season

* I love taking a hot bath and eat ice cream. (Its the only way I can eat ice cream because I get cold!) If we go out for ice cream the heaters have to be on full blast.

* I love anything romantic: Pride & Prejudice, Walk to Remember, Phantom ( Except I can't watch them with David cuz during the mushy parts he starts dancing around the living room saying "Lets make love like sea otters"(hence the reason why I like romance movies! Gotta get it somewhere!)

* I USED to play the violin and piano. I was actually 1st chair violin in Junior High and High school for some of the concerts. I was always getting asked to play at events and would get signed up for talent shows whether I wanted to or not! I miss playing. Sadly its been so long I will never be able to play the way I used to. 14 years of practicing, private lessons, competitions, down the tubes!!!

WoW! Enough about me! I am now tagging Paula, Charity, and Shellee

5 comments:

Shane, Rahndi, Levi and Olivia said...

I totally agree with everything. You are great at decorating. You need to come and decorate my house cuz I suck at it :)
Rahndi

Mary-Sunshine said...

I LOVE to read about people when they get tagged. I wouldn't never have known some of these things about you unless you wrote about it! Do it again next time you get tagged!

The Selleneits said...

I love your randurm things about you. And I don't think you are boring at all. I love to read your posts becasue they are alwas so good. ((( at good things utah we got socks, Aveda lotion, a heart bracelet, and scrap book paber and some other supplies. )))

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you did the tag, it was fun to hear more things about you! Have you seen "p.s. I love you" yet? It's a total chick flick, Dave would hate it, but the guy in the movie played the Phantom in the Phantom of the Opera, and he sings a little in P.S. too. BONUS! :)
Thanks for your Christmas card. I can vouch for your puncuality because yours was the first card we got, and one of only two that we actually received in Colorado (before the post office failed to forward all the others - grrr.)

Kristin said...

Wow!! Things I would have never known about you. You are so funny. I loved reading it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Aubree Age 9

Aubree Age 9
Aubree loves catching bugs,making crafts, and playing soocer

Addison Age 6

Addison Age 6
Addie loves playing with friends, doing schoolwork, and changing her clothes 10x a day

AUSTIN age 4

AUSTIN age 4
Austin loves cars, planes, and Spiderman








Blog Archive


Followers