Friday, August 14, 2009

INSTRUCTIONS:

Okay so here are the instructions:
I bought the 16x20 canvas boards at Wal-Mart for $8something in the paint section. I modge-podged the Back sides of the picture and placed it on the board and held it in place until it was somewhat dry. I modge-podged ribbon around the edges so you couldn't see the staples. I used camo for Austin's room. On the middle one I tore up pieces of scrapbook paper and modge-podge the front and back.It made the front have a shiney finish. First time using modge-podge. I had to be careful cuz the paper tended to bubble. I used modge-podge on the back of the picture and glued it onto the board. I had large foam stamps that I used for his name and I also used a rub-on right on the picture. I also bought some airplane stickers and used those. I think I will use the left over supplies and make a frame for his room. I got the pictures developed at Costco online. I usually go through Shutterfly but I have never been happy with their enlargements. Costco's turned out fantastic! And they were half the price from Shutterfly. When it was all said and done, the whole project was under $40 and it took me about an hour to do. (Not counting drying time of course) Hope this helps!

3 comments:

Anjella said...

That looks like fun! I should invite myself over and have you teach me how to do it some time. ;)

Shellee said...

Thank you.. Now, when will I get around to doing it?? Maybe next month when my kids are back in school.

Mandy said...

Liz I just found your comment this morning on the blog of course I don't mind you look at our blog!! Thanks for the ideas on the path i might sneak over and look!! We so need help! Lots of work still needs done but I am excited how it has turned out!!
Your pictures of Austin are so cute!! What a great idea!! You have some talent girl!! I also LOVE costco for printing!! They do a great job and so inexpensive!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Aubree Age 9

Aubree Age 9
Aubree loves catching bugs,making crafts, and playing soocer

Addison Age 6

Addison Age 6
Addie loves playing with friends, doing schoolwork, and changing her clothes 10x a day

AUSTIN age 4

AUSTIN age 4
Austin loves cars, planes, and Spiderman








Blog Archive


Followers