Monday, August 9, 2010

PANTRY REMAKE








I was browsing the internet right before I was going to start dinner and checked out a blog my friend Melanie had told me about called HOUSE OF SMITH'S I came across her Pantry Remake post and OHMYGOSH! After briefly reading it I instantly ran to my pantry and started tearing it apart. (keep in mind it was around 5pm and I was supposed to be started dinner!) But when inspiration hits me I have to move quickly before it goes away.
So back to the demolishing of my pantry:
I thought it was pretty organized until I read that blog and then I saw how cluttered it really was! The top shelf I had stored things I used within a year
WHAT!!
Get rid of it!
So everything I didn't use in a month's time went downstairs into the food storage pantry. I used to have a whole entire shelf dedicated to canned goods
NOT ANYMORE!
GONE!
I used to be on this rampage of buying large cereal containers for cereal and chips. I have about 14 of them and after reading that blog it looks VERY cluttered. I can't afford to replace them all at once, but I went to WAL-MART and bought some cute glass canisters. I also went to DI to look for things that needed a little make over and that I could use for storage. (I'm trying to venture out of the storage section of the store and look for things that aren't necessarily for storage but it would look cute holding something.)
Here's my thing with DI:
I HATE IT! Gross used crap. It smells. Its someone else's gross crap.
I was hyperventilating the first 10 minutes giving myself a pep talk in my head.
Try and think outside of the box. Picture it with spray paint.
I spent $20 (I know, expensive for shopping at DI, but once I started picturing things spray painted I saw more bargains.)
So 2 days later and several trips to the downstairs storage room this is what I came up with: (And we ate out that night too!)

2 comments:

Mary-Sunshine said...

how funny! i read that too and was soooo impressed! but i am not as motivated as you!! i didn't do anything about it! liz, you look gorgeous in that family picture and your kids are so adorable!!!!!

Chair Losee said...

It looks so good!! I went on and read her blog and then redid my pantry too. Love it now, not cluttery.. yay! Now I just need to make a trip to D.I.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Aubree Age 9

Aubree Age 9
Aubree loves catching bugs,making crafts, and playing soocer

Addison Age 6

Addison Age 6
Addie loves playing with friends, doing schoolwork, and changing her clothes 10x a day

AUSTIN age 4

AUSTIN age 4
Austin loves cars, planes, and Spiderman








Blog Archive


Followers