Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bad Mom

So tonight I have been informed by my 9 year old that all I do is clean and I never play with her.

OUCH

So never mind all the places I have taken her to (including Disneyland 30 bazillion times) all the mornings I get up early before school so we can have a good hour of one on one time to go over homework and read, all the basketball practices and games I take her to, all of her dance practices, and soccer..
okay that list can just go on...
all the times I let her use every sheet and towel I own so she can make a tent (nevermind the actual tent I bought her so she would stop doing this!) and then I have to dry myself with a washcloth because all of my towels are in the playroom and I don't feel like letting my husband know that I need a towel because that would mean that I am naked...

sorry for that one...ewe

all the happy meals I have bought her and brought them to her school for school lunch

seriously, the list could go on, but now she's going to have a memory of me not getting down on my hands and knees and playing.
I thought those days were over. Of course I did that when she was little. David does it every time he gets home from work. He's not so stressed out at work anymore so its his turn to be fun daddy so I can have a brake!!

But yet she's still going to have the memory of me NOT playing with her and just cleaning. Cleaning is soothing for me..its my blankey...

Maybe being a better mom should be something you need to write down.

I told Aubree I will try and do better.

1 comment:

Kirstin said...

Oh Liz, I am sure it isn't as bad as it seems. Kids have a way of making us feel acutely guilty and then playing that card when they feel like they aren't getting what they want. You sound like a loving and caring mom (why else would you say that you are a bad one? Think about it!). We can all be better than we are, heavens knows I am far from perfect, but I am sure that as your daughter grows older she will remember all those wonderful times you spoke of--especially when she becomes a mom herself and then she finds herself stroking whatever "blankey" she creates for herself. :) We all need a blankey!! Haha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Aubree Age 9

Aubree Age 9
Aubree loves catching bugs,making crafts, and playing soocer

Addison Age 6

Addison Age 6
Addie loves playing with friends, doing schoolwork, and changing her clothes 10x a day

AUSTIN age 4

AUSTIN age 4
Austin loves cars, planes, and Spiderman








Blog Archive


Followers